Brief History of The Peoples Church
The Peoples Church was originally known as The Cosmopolitan Tabernacle. The first service was held at Massey Hall, September 1928.
Beginning March 30, 1930, meetings were held at 42 Gerrard Street East and the name was changed to The Toronto Gospel Tabernacle.
October 1, 1933, the church was officially named The Peoples Church. It operated from 100 Bloor Street East from July, 1934 – October 28, 1962, when it moved to its present location a 374 Sheppard Avenue East.
The first Missions Conference was held June 27-30, 1929
Hilda and Herbert Whealey were the first missionaries sent out from The Peoples Church in 1936. They served in Cuba, Haiti and Mexico.