This is where the page content starts
For All Kinds of Peoples
We call ourselves The Peoples Church because we embrace all the peoples of world. We are messengers of the Gospel in our multicultural city of Toronto and internationally.
Here at Peoples, we are blessed by a diversity of nationalities represented in our congregation, so there is a very good chance you will meet others here who share your cultural heritage.
And you will find this a colorful place to meet peoples from many walks of life.
Together in God’s Global Mission
This simple statement sums up what our church has been about since our founding in 1928.
Together is an important word because it has room for everyone, including you. Please make yourself at home as you join in this vibrant community of Christian faith.
If you are not sure what God’s global mission is, don’t worry. You will discover it as you get more involved.
And if you are already engaged in God’s global mission, we encourage you to keep up the good work and join with us.
When you do, here is what you can become a part of:
To worship God as we
make disciples of Jesus Christ
by teaching, praying, giving and serving
among the peoples of Toronto and the world.
To be a vibrant Christian community
at the heart of a dynamic work of God
to advance God’s global mission.
Foundationally, we value:
- Cultivating a prayerful community of believers.
- Proclaiming the Word of God as truth.
- Living in full devotion to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
- Depending on the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
Relationally, we value:
- Loving, valuing and caring for all people.
- Engaging in our communities, workplaces, schools and spheres of influence.
- Mobilizing people and resources around the world.
- Collaborating with other churches, Christian organizations, community agencies and leaders.
Operationally, we value:
- Developing leaders in their areas of giftedness.
- Generating fresh ideas and new strategies, with the faith to take risks.
- Practising generous, faithful, wise and sacrificial stewardship of ourselves and our resources.
- Communicating with integrity, clarity and purpose.