This is where the page content starts
Help create a caring environment and weekly learning experience that equips children to love Jesus, serve Jesus and share Jesus with the world.
- Adults and teens who enjoy working with children, birth through age 12
- Interacting with a specific age group of children, to be determined based on need and preference
- Preparing weekly lessons based on the curriculum provided
- Participating in orientation and training provided by the Children’s Ministry
- Possibly serving children with special developmental needs
- Sundays at 9:15 AM, 11:30 AM or 2:00 PM, with arrival 20 minutes prior to time of service
- An annual commitment is preferred
- Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Teen volunteers may be 13–17 years of age.
- Have regularly attended The Peoples Church for at least 6 months.
- Participating Membership with The Peoples Church is encouraged but not required.
- For the protection everyone involved, The Peoples Church requires information and consent for a personal criminal records check for adult volunteer roles involving supervision or custody of minors.
Please contact us.
Children’s Ministry Special Needs Volunteers
The Peoples Church is privileged to have children with special needs as a part of our community! The Children’s Ministry is in need of volunteers who would like to work with our special needs children. This is a great opportunity for you to help us love and journey with these kids in a space where they feel valued and involved, as they learn about Jesus. Even if you do not have experience working in this type of setting we would love to have you join our team. All we ask is that you have a willingness to learn and a big heart to love these children. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Claudia at ClaudiaH@ThePeoplesChurch.ca or 416.222.3341 x 147.
Children’s Summer Ministry Volunteer Recruitment
SUNDAYS, JULY 2 – SEPTEMBER 3
Summer is finally here! That means our Sunday leaders need a break to refresh for September, and our Children’s Ministry needs new leaders to join our summer ministry team. We invite you to join us for ten weeks of exciting learning and leading our youngest church members! Even if you cannot commit for all ten weeks, we would still love to have you join us. Please sign up by contacting us at SummerElementary@ThePeoplesChurch.ca.
Move: Summer Camp Team
JULY 4 – AUGUST 25
We have volunteer opportunities throughout our summer camp for those who are in Jr. High and High School! Please visit the church website to fill out a volunteer form or visit us at the west counter in the church lobby on Sundays. You can also contact us at CampDirector@ThePeoplesChurch.ca.
Children’s Ministry & Youth Ministry
The Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry would like you to consider serving with us! We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available for both ministries:
• Warm, welcoming volunteers to join the Sunday morning
admin team. Volunteers will be asked to help with signing-in our leaders, assisting families who arrive after our large-group programs have started and helping to monitor our sign-out process.
Sunday Morning Junior High – Our class is growing rapidly and we could use some help ministering to this awesome group!
Friday Night Youth Life Group leaders
Our goal for children and youth is that they will be motivated by the gospel to live out their faith every day. We hope that you’ll join us in this goal! If you are interested in serving through any of these opportunities, please contact us.
Children’s Ministry Small Group Leaders
SUNDAYS • 9:15 AM & 2:00 PM • WEST WING
Children’s Ministry is in need of volunteers to be small group leaders! If you are someone who would like to be a part of shaping the spiritual life of the next generation, this is a great opportunity to be a positive influence in the lives of the kids at The Peoples Church! We are looking for individuals who love to listen to kids, encourage kids to pray and who can work with a team to help kids understand the Bible story they are learning. We are also in need of volunteers to serve our smallest kids in our nursery. Even our littlest kids need to feel the love of caring adults to help nurture them as they grow. If you would like to join our Kidmin team please email Claudia.