This is where the page content starts
The Beginnings of The Peoples Church
Founded by Oswald Jeffery Smith, The Peoples Church was originally known as The Cosmopolitan Tabernacle, with the first service at Massey Hall, in September 1928. Less than a year later, the first Missions Conference took place from June 27 through 30, 1929.
Beginning in March 30, 1930, services were moved to 42 Gerrard Street East, and the church’s name was changed to The Toronto Gospel Tabernacle.
The church was officially named The Peoples Church, on October 1, 1933. Just a few months later, in July of 1934, the congregation relocated to 100 Bloor Street East, where it remained until moving in October 1962 to our present location at 374 Sheppard Avenue East.
Learn more by reading The Story of The Peoples Church.