Refugees are forced to leave their homes and countries to escape persecution and oppression. We want them to feel God’s loving presence as they seek a life of dignity and peace. By partnering with Christian refugee shelters, our ministry team initiates regular times of connection with refugee claimants:
Adam House (430 Gladstone Avenue) – Every first Friday of the month
Matthew House (981 Dundas St. W.) – Every third Friday of the month
If you are interested in joining the Refugee Ministry team, please contact us.
Silas Hill Home
An important part of our welcome to refugees is our very own transitional home for individuals and families seeking asylum in Canada. You can become involved in the following ways:
- Hosting an evening meal with our residents
- Orientation activities to familiarize the residents with our city
- On-call translators who would be available by phone or by appointment to translate for our residents
- Cleaning crews for regular house cleaning
Peoples 5K Run/Walk for Refugees
Saturday, September 23 • The Peoples Church
Many refugees walk, run or travel thousands of miles to escape persecution. We invite you, your friends and your families to join us as we walk, jog, run, push a stroller or wheel along to help us raise funds for Silas Hill. For more information, please contact us.
We are also in need of volunteers to help us run this race! If you are interested in any of the following serving opportunities please contact Lily Cheng.
- Set-up Crew & Registration 8:00 – 10:00 AM
- Run/Walk Crew 9:00 – 11:00 AM
- Take Down Crew 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Our Newcomers Ministry is committed to supporting new immigrants, refugees, international students and migrant workers in practical ways.