Media has taken an inordinately important place in our daily lives. We should be aware of the potential dangers of technology and media, we must also embrace the remarkable opportunities media provides for sharing the gospel when used correctly.
Our partners around the world are able to worship with us through our online Sunday gatherings, and our online Life Groups make it possible for those who are shut in to be included. Online training for Christian leaders in Latin America, discipleship lessons for refugees in Europe, Biblical family values television programming in the Middle East, and Biblical teachings via radio broadcasts in Iran, are only a few of the media projects we support around the world to share the gospel and disciple believers.
We know that online teaching and gatherings can only ever supplement in-person relationships in the church – media cannot replace relationship. However, media and caring relationships are a powerful combination for sharing the gospel and discipling believers in creative and accessible ways.
Explore our global mission partnerships dedicated to communication. As you learn about each ministry use the prayer points to stand with our partners in the power of prayer!
Crossings Easter Outdoor Art Exhibition
Crossings highlights Jesus’ sacrificial love and redemptive suffering to the cross through 16 Canadian artworks. This unique exhibition gives anyone the opportunity to do a contemplative pilgrimage in the heart of Toronto to meditate on sacred art during Lent. This project unifies churches, encourages believers, and communicates the gospel through art in the public square.
- Passersby and non-churchgoers to be halted by Jesus’ beauty and brokenness
- Toronto to accept this gift and be transformed by God’s power and love
- Provide connection and reprieve from pandemic isolation and discouragement
Iran, Central Asia
This ministry reaches out to the Persian-speaking world with the hope of the gospel and disciples believers through social and web media, Bible training conferences and a personal follow-up ministry, in the face of Christian persecution in Iran. They provide conferences for seekers and believers to grow in faith. House church leaders are mentored one-on-one, and provide direct follow-up for online contacts. They also produce and distribute audio content via the internet and SD cards.
- Believers and house church leaders who are arrested, threatened, and have their homes and livelihoods at risk
- Recipients of Bibles to read and be transformed
- Discouraged and isolated believers in Iran to connect and have hope restored
Christmas Campaign Development
Mully Children’s Family Canada
The biggest family in the world, our mission partners in Kenya, have been facing a serious famine and a large intake of children without families. This project helps them produce and promote a Christmas fundraising event using skillful and varied communications to increase awareness of and giving towards their care for children and communities.
- God to continue supplying the needs of MCF as it pours itself out on behalf of others
- Children to know they are deeply loved and valued by God
- Mullys and its donors to not give up doing good
Media to Discipleship Multiplication Movements
Greater Europe Mission
Cevin Sweeney, Alex & Wendy Buchnea
Targeted ads on social media direct interested seekers to a web page where they dialogue with a Christian responder. Seekers who are ready to engage are connected to a local, in-person multiplier who will lead them to faith in Jesus, disciple them and train them to further become a disciple-maker. This effective disciple making movement takes advantage of online marketing, multiple communication tools, and relationship management databasing.
- Providentially timely and directed ads to stir peoples’ hearts
- For this to spur a revival in the local church of Germany, encouraging volunteers who walk with seekers
- Gospel to be spread widely and planted deeply
Quebec Radio & Online Ministry
Aujourd’hui l’Espoir (TWR Canada)
Eric & Annabelle Perron
Where less than one percent of the population are Christian, this ministry seeks to share the hope of Jesus in Quebec and across the French-speaking world through satellite, online and FM radio; TV; websites; and apps. They create and distribute original content and translate English materials to share the gospel and build up the evangelical community in Quebec. They connect callers via their toll-free “Hope Line” with local churches so pastors and volunteers can follow up with materials and personal conversations with new believers.
- Wisdom and clarity for translators and producers to make content ministering specifically for Quebecois culture
- Staff and volunteers to join the team to help with the growing radio station
- For more people to listen to the radio and give their lives to Jesus
Printing of Lausanne Covenant
Lausanne Movement Canada
Lausanne is dedicated to resourcing and connecting churches for effective mission. This helps them print and distribute 5,000 copies of “The Lausanne Covenant” which is a foundational and solid outline for biblical mission. Smaller churches and organizations often want to use but cannot afford to print this for their discipleship and ministry. This printing project will make this important document accessible to all.
- Covenants to be placed in the hands of churches and leaders who have a passion to be equipped for global mission engagement
- Mission to be done sensitively to others and obediently to God
- Believers to approach God with humility and dependence as when the Covenant was first written in 1974