Please check back regularly.
For previous updates, please scroll down
to the bottom of the page.
March 22, 2022
Beginning on Monday, March 21, general mask requirements have been lifted in most indoor settings across Ontario. This means we will no longer require masks or face coverings to be worn indoors throughout the church building – including during our worship services and all ministry gatherings.
Whether you choose to continue wearing a mask, or prefer not to, as a church family we ask that we remain kind, considerate, and respectful towards one another.
March 1, 2022
- As of Sunday, March 6, 2022, you will no longer need to be registered for our in-person worship services at 9 & 11:30 AM. This means we will no longer be screening for symptoms or scanning registration codes before each service. Learn more here.
- Our Welcome Team will be available to guide you to our front entrance and help you find your way into the auditorium.
- Masks/face coverings must still be worn indoors, until further notice.
- Check-in is still required for our TPC Kids program at 9 AM and Junior Youth programs at 9 & 11:30 AM. Parents/guardians are required to drop-off and pick up their kids and youth. Learn more about TPC Kids here and TPC Junior Youth here.
- We will continue to require all staff and volunteers working with kids to be vaccinated.
- Our Newcomers Fellowship will begin gathering in-person on Sunday, March 6 at 1 PM.
- Please explore the our website or contact a ministry leader for more details about ministry specific events and gatherings on Sundays.
- Our Welcome Centre is open for in-person visits during the week on Tuesdays – Thursdays at 9 AM – 5 PM.
- Please explore our website or contact a ministry leader for more details about ministry specific events and gatherings.
Our safety measures are informed by the COVID-19 guidelines recommended by Toronto Public Health and the Ontario Ministry of Health. We will keep you informed as provincial guidelines shift.
February 1, 2022
On Monday, January 31, Ontario began the process of gradually easing restrictions, while maintaining protective measures. Please carefully read the following updates to our in-person gatherings.
- Sunday Worship Services at 9 & 11:30 AM will continue in-person under capacity limits to ensure optimal physical distancing. Weekly registration is required – learn more and register here. Our livestream continues at 11:30 AM.
- Sunday programs for TPC Kids and Junior Youth will continue in-person at 9 AM with capacity limits, and online at 11:30 AM. Weekly registration is required to join in-person.
- Friendship Class will resume in-person Sunday gatherings beginning February 6 at 11 AM.
- Sunday gatherings for Newcomers – including Newcomers Fellowship, ESL Bible Study, and International Student Ministry Bible Study – will continue online until further notice.
- Life Groups will continue to gather online until further notice.
- TPC Senior Youth will resume gathering in-person on Fridays, beginning February 4. Registration is required. Learn more here.
- Young Adults will gather in-person for Worship Nights and Gathering Nights every other Thursday, beginning February 3. Registration is required. Life Group Nights will continue online. Learn more here.
- Our Lifespring 55 ministry for seniors will continue to gather online in Life Groups until further notice.
- Some of our Discipleship Courses will begin gathering in-person in February.
- ESL classes will resume in-person on Tuesdays, beginning February 8. Thursday ESL classes will continue online. Newcomers social gatherings will begin in-person in February. Learn more here.
- Our Welcome Centre is open for in-person visits during the week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9 AM to 5 PM.
As we continue to do our best to ensure our in-person gatherings are a safe and meaningful experience, all safety measures must be maintained at all times.
January 4, 2022
The Ontario government has announced several new COVID-19 public health measures to take place on Wednesday, January 5. As we make every effort to ensure our in-person worship services and gatherings continue to be a safe and meaningful experience, the following adjustments and safety measures will begin tomorrow, until further notice:
Sunday Worship Services at 9 & 11:30 AM will continue under capacity limits to ensure optimal physical distancing. Weekly registration is required – learn more and register here.
- TPC Kids Sunday Programs (grade 5 and under) will continue in-person at 9 AM with capacity limits and online at 11:30 AM. Weekly registration is required to join in-person. Sign up for our Parents Newsletter to join online and stay up to date.
- Junior Youth Sunday Programs (grades 6-8) will continue in-person at 9 AM with capacity limits and online at 11:30 AM. Weekly registration is required to join in-person. Sign up for our Parents Newsletter to join online and stay up to date.
- All on-going safety measures must be followed at all times for all of the above in-person gatherings.
- Friendship Class will gather online until further notice. Learn more here.
- Newcomers Fellowship will gather online until further notice. Learn more here.
- All midweek gatherings will continue online until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact your ministry leader or send us an email.
- Our Welcome Centre will continue to respond to voice messages and email from 9 AM – 5 PM each weekday. Regretfully our physical office will be closed for in-person visits until further notice.
Our safety measures are informed by the COVID-19 guidelines recommended by Public Health. We will keep you informed as provincial guidelines shift. If you have any questions, please contact us.
August 8, 2021
Several weeks ago, our church family participated in a survey to help plan and prepare for how and when we can worship together in-person at 374 Sheppard Avenue East.
We’re excited to announce that beginning on Sunday, September 12, we are planning to host two in-person worship gatherings at 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM!
Our 11:30 service, will also be live-streamed so that we can also continue to engage and gather online with each other and our pastors.
To view our survey report click here.
Let’s continue to pray together as we look forward to in-person gatherings and all the exciting ways we can worship and grow together as a church family!
April 9, 2021
As a team we have been praying and seeking a better way for us to connect and worship in an online setting.
Beginning this May, we are moving to a LIVE online Sunday worship experience, at one time, to help all of us stay better connected with each other as we worship collectively.
Click here to hear more from Pastor Brett.
Thank you for continuing to pray for our church, community, country, and world.
More details about our new worship experience will become available here on the church website over the coming weeks – so stay tuned!
December 6, 2020
Can you believe that 2020 is almost over? As we approach the end of the year, we have an important update regarding our worship gatherings over the winter months.
As we prayerfully considered having larger in-person worship gatherings, we were mindful of increasing public safety measures, escalating infection rates, and many remaining uncertainties. Ultimately, we still believe that gathering only a small portion of our church family simply excludes and exposes too many people.
From now until the end of April 2021, we will continue to gather online every Sunday for our worship services.
Please watch this video from our Lead Pastor Brett McBride to learn more.
As we reflect on God’s presence and provision over the past nine months, and all the incredible ways we have been living out our faith together as Christ’s church body, we have so much we can be grateful for.
There will continue to be many great opportunities before us as we take new and exciting steps forward, together in God’s global mission!
November 20, 2020
As Ontario takes further action to stop the spread of COVID-19, Premier Doug Ford has announced that Toronto will be moving into a lockdown beginning on Monday, November 23.
In keeping with the province’s proposed measures for lockdown, our church building will be closed to the public until further notice. You can learn more about Ontario’s COVID-19 health and safety measures here.
We will keep you updated as the situation evolves. Please continue to join us online for our worship services and ministry gatherings.
Thank you for continuing to pray for our city, country, and world.
August 21, 2020
As we approach September, we have an important update regarding our worship gatherings and the reopening of our church building.
Since the beginning of this new reality, we have been seeking God’s wisdom and direction in prayer together. Based on considerable prayer, research, and learning, we have made the decision to continue our worship gatherings online, every Sunday, for the remainder of the year. Our building will not be opening for Sunday worship services or other large ministry gatherings for the remainder of 2020.
Please watch this video from our lead pastor Brett McBride to learn more.
We’re excited for all the ways we can gather as one church body from multiple locations, as we continue to grow in community and faith – stronger, safer, and together!
June 12, 2020
It has been a while since we have greeted one another in person, and we miss you!
We are encouraged that the government is continuing to adjust restrictions on gatherings, businesses, and services, and we look forward to when we are able to all physically gather together again.
Our priority is to continue to keep our community safe and to ensure we are protecting our most vulnerable members. We are committed to caring for one another as we plan towards effectively fulfilling God’s purpose for us to include everyone, together.
We are going to continue gathering online on YouTube for our worship services every Sunday, for the forseeable future.
We will continue to keep you updated on future plans, as they develop.
Thank you for joining us as we help keep our community safe together!
March 25, 2020
So much continues to change in our city, country and world. It’s important for us to seek the peace of God and keep his perspective on everything that is happening in our world as we respond to each new situation.
On Monday, March 23, Premier Doug Ford ordered the closure of all non-essential workplaces in Ontario. The order took effect on Tuesday, March 24 at 11:59 PM, and will be in place for at least 14 days. Places of worship did not make the list of essential workplaces.
Although our physical building will be closed until further notice, our staff is committed to caring for you and creating ways for you to grow spiritually and gather regularly through our online resources and platforms.
We’re gathering online every week to worship and hear God’s Word together. As we abide by all government guidelines and honour the spirit of new regulations, you’ll notice our services will also continue to evolve so that we can enjoy a great time together, every Sunday.
We invite you to explore our ministries and connection opportunities here on the church website. For regular encouragement and updates, subscribe to our weekly emails and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We encourage you to invite someone new to our online Sunday service and resources.
Together, we are committed to being a gospel-centered and globally engaged church body in our community and world. Thank you for continuing to live generously in prayer and care for those around us and for those who live across our globe!
March 13, 2020
Dear Peoples Church Family,
Covid-19 has caused fear and anxiety all around us. We know that God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of peace, love and a sound mind. We are choosing to trust that God is in control, not in a way that is careless, but in a way that is wise and proactive to care for those around us who are more vulnerable.
Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health is recommending the immediate suspension of all large events and public gatherings of over 250 people.
This has led us to a difficult but responsible decision to suspend all worship services and programs beginning immediately until further notice. We will continue to work with our community leaders and update you.
We invite you this Sunday and every Sunday morning to visit our YouTube channel for an online worship and teaching experience. This week we’ll be sharing a message of hope from God’s Word.
PRAY: Continue to ask God to heal individuals infected with the virus, to protect healthcare professionals, give wisdom to our leaders and officials and for His peace to fill our hearts.
SERVE: Consider your neighbours and family who are impacted by the virus and how you might be able to express the love of Christ. Here are a few ideas:
- Make a phone call or two to ensure your friends are okay.
- Pick up/drop off groceries or toiletries for a neighbour.
- Help someone get access to our worship services on YouTube.
Together we can all do our part to keep our community safe and healthy.